The Old Mill has been re-built at least three times since 1793, a fire in 1881 burnt the Mill to the ground, with only partial remains of the structure left on the property. In 2000, the owner’s decided to construct a five-story Inn, incorporating the remains of the mill but preserving the integrity of the site. The original structure was removed and painstakingly rebuilt stone by stone. The walls were reinforced and underpinned.
The Tudor style design was chosen specifically to complement the existing restaurant and conference centre. Buttcon worked closely with the Owner and the Toronto Historical Society to ensure the site was not compromised in any way.