There’s a reason why Buttcon has employees that have been with us for over 20 years. As a member of our team, we provide you with opportunities to build a successful life-long career to in the construction industry.
With 40+ years of experience in the construction industry, Buttcon maintains a solid position as a reputable and well-respected general contracting and construction management firm specializing in medium size to larger scale diverse projects. We specialize in lump sum, construction management and design build delivery of ICI sector projects. Our team includes over 120 professionals and is 100% employee owned. With us, you are more than just an employee; you are part of the Buttcon family.
We strive to hire and retain professional, dedicated people who are committed to working together to achieve success on every project we undertake.
Our team is diverse and proudly consists of people with many different backgrounds and experiences. The diversity of our staff contributes to the many achievements we have had as a company and will continue to guide our successes well into the future. Together, we collaborate to get the job done.
At Buttcon, we continually invest in our best asset, our people, which is why we encourage the development of skilled workers and re-enforce continuing education and Gold Seal Certification.
In addition to supporting our employees, we also understand the importance of giving back to the communities where we live. Through our annual golf tournament and charitable donations, Buttcon has helped organizations including Habitat for Humanity, the Toronto Kiwanis Boys and Girls Club and the Philip Aziz Centre, Loblaw Children’s Charity to name a few.
We offer competitive wages and benefit packages commensurate with experience and education levels. There are opportunities for profit sharing and company shares to qualified employees, making for an attractive long-term career path. We are interested in you and your future!
If interested in a challenging career in the construction industry please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Concord, ON||Senior Project Manager||Feb 24, 2020|
Senior Project Manager
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading project teams for one or more projects, while managing all aspects of the project life cycle ensuring required performance deliverables of quality, cost and schedules are achieved.
- Responsible for all aspects of the project
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with owners, architects, consultants, trades & public, while promoting Buttcon’s services and ensuring client satisfaction
- Ensure compliance with Buttcon’s Health and Safety Program, provide key leadership, set examples, ensure safety minutes are provided
- Ensure compliance to Buttcon’s Policy & Procedures Manual
- Supervise, mentor, coach and train project personnel
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding with the terms of contract documents
- Ensure Notice of Project is issued
- Ensure that all permits, insurance and bonding are in place
- Assist in the tendering and award of trade contracts
- Convene pre-construction meeting
- Ensure material and subcontractor tenders are issued in a timely manner
- Ensure that all subcontractors receive drawings and specifications
- Manage the budget process
- Participate in the design process when required
- Manage the value engineering process when required
- Prepare the baseline schedule; maintain and update it throughout the project. Track delays and apply for Extensions of Time and additional costs. Ensure letter of delay are issued when required.
- Manage the Change Order process
- Manage cash allowances
- Manage and resolve contractual and technical issues with consultant’s and trades
- Prepare and present monthly Project Cost Reports
- Prepare a cash-flow and update it as required
- Prepare monthly progress billings and monitor receipt of payment certificates
- Review and authorize sub-trade and material payments and ensure accurate cost coding
- Ensure that sub-trade/supplier’s accounts are reconciled
- Process shop drawings/ samples
- Ensures submittal log and RFI logs are prepared and implemented
- Conduct regular site reviews and meetings; ensure that minutes are distributed accordingly
- Deal with all day to day correspondence and ensure that the job site receives all correspondence in a timely manner
- Apply for substantial performance and total completion
- Ensure that deficiencies are dealt with in a timely manner
- Ensure that all final monies are received at the end of project
- Act as a liaison between all Project Team members, both internal and external
- Assist in securing new work by participating in estimates, proposals and presentations as requested
Skills and Attributes
- The proven ability to successfully manage construction projects
- Ability to resolve project disputes effectively in a timely manner
- The proven ability to effectively manage and inspire staff
- Self starter with excellent attitude and initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Engineering degree (Civil/Construction/Architectural) or Technical College diploma in Construction Management or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a Project Manager in the ICI construction industry or equivalent in ICI construction.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), industry practices, estimating/budgeting, scheduling and safety requirements
- Gold Seal Certified an asset
- LEED Accredited an asset
- Computer literate, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project
- Suretrak, Primavera P3 or P6
- Axis Accounting Software an asset
- Procore and BIM software knowledge an asset
Working Conditions and Environment
- Primary work locations are Head Office and Project Sites
- Project related travel anticipated
- Exposure to construction work site environment in all seasons
If interested, please forward your resume to email@example.com
Buttcon Limited is an equal opportunity employer that proudly recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Accommodations are available on request for applicants with disabilities taking part in the recruitment and selection process. Information relating to the need for accommodation will be addressed confidentially.