Transforming visions into buildings.
Buttcon is proud to be a 100% employee-owned COR certified, leading Canadian General Contractor with projects from coast to coast. As a leader in the construction industry, we deliver quality services in ICI and multi-unit residential construction with a focus on off-site construction and sustainability. We utilize innovative technologies that ensure our projects are completed above expectations. As a company, we are committed to working safely and provide exceptional value in our progressive practices and processes. We believe that active listening, the power of a team, building for the long-term, taking action, and sharing success are the keys to a successful future.
We care about the work we do, the people we work with and making a difference through our work. We strive to provide opportunities for growth and development that empower our people. Our values of Safety, Accountability, Honesty and Integrity, Quality, Entrepreneurial Spirit, and being People-focused, are rooted in our culture and are essential in what we do. Our employees contribute to Buttcon’s success because of their knowledge and dedication to their passion.
If you share our passion for construction, we would like you to be part of our team.
Senior Project Coordinator
Be a part of one of Canada’s top construction companies, with successful growth each year. Our project experience is diverse and has established Buttcon as the construction partner of choice for our clients. To be a part of the Buttcon Team means you will have the opportunity to be innovative, entrepreneurial and instill safety and quality into everything you do. Buttcon is looking for individuals that have that entrepreneurial spirit, who are accountable, take responsibility and care about our company, our team, and our clients. Together we will help you by providing a challenging career in the construction industry.
We are currently looking for a highly skilled, caring, and safety focused individual for our Team. Reporting to the Project Manager/ Construction Manager, the Senior Project Coordinator assists and supports the Project Manager(s) on various projects and will be responsible for all coordinating duties and assist with the project administrative processes.
Come be a part of our growing team and experience the satisfaction of “Transforming Visions into Buildings”.
Here’s What You’ll be Responsible for:
- Maintain excellent relationships with owners, architects, consultants, trades, and the public.
- Ensure compliance with Buttcon’s Health and Safety Program and Buttcon’s Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Assist in preparing the project baseline schedule and updating the schedule throughout the project.
- Ensure the project team adheres to the provided timelines and deliverables.
- Prepare, track, and process shop drawings, RFI’s, and SI’s.
- Record, track, and process all construction drawings.
- Prepare contract revision for approval by the Project Manager.
- Assist in reconciling subtrade and supplier’s accounts.
- Assist in preparing budget reports, monthly Project Cost Reports, cash-flow, and progress billings.
- Prepare, coordinate, and monitor all deficiencies to completion.
- Provide innovative solutions to issues that may arise during the project.
- Manage day-to-day activities for the Project Management team.
- Utilize Buttcon’s Project Management Software, scheduling software, and accounting software to complete all project administration.
- Prepare close-out documentations, including O&M Manuals, warranties, coordinate warranty work, and archive project records.
- Assist in securing new work by participating in pre-tender site meetings, receiving quotations from trades during a bid closing, delivering tenders, and participating in proposals and presentations.
- Supervise, mentor, coach, and train other project personnel, when applicable.
- Monitor and provide feedback on subtrade performance.
Skills And Attributes
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to diagnose, analyze, and develop solutions to complex issues.
- Analytical and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize various tasks with conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and timelines.
- Excellent time management skills
- Engineering degree (Civil/Construction/Architectural) or technical college diploma in Construction Management or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience
- A minimum of 5 years of construction experience of equivalent.
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), industry practices, estimating/budgeting and scheduling.
- Strong understanding and adherence to safety standards
- WELL Accredited is an asset
- Computer literate, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project
- Experience with Primavera P6, Procore, and BIM software knowledge is an asset
- The opportunity to work with a growing company that works on diverse projects while using advanced software technology
- Career development and training tailored to you
- A work environment that cares about their employees and is inclusive and welcoming to all
- Competitive benefit plan