Transforming visions into buildings.
Buttcon is proud to be a 100% employee-owned COR certified, leading Canadian General Contractor with projects from coast to coast. As a leader in the construction industry, we deliver quality services in ICI and multi-unit residential construction with a focus on off-site construction and sustainability. We utilize innovative technologies that ensure our projects are completed above expectations. As a company, we are committed to working safely and provide exceptional value in our progressive practices and processes. We believe that active listening, the power of a team, building for the long-term, taking action, and sharing success are the keys to a successful future.
We care about the work we do, the people we work with and making a difference through our work. We strive to provide opportunities for growth and development that empower our people. Our values of Safety, Accountability, Honesty and Integrity, Quality, Entrepreneurial Spirit, and being People-focused, are rooted in our culture and are essential in what we do. Our employees contribute to Buttcon’s success because of their knowledge and dedication to their passion.
If you share our passion for construction, we would like you to be part of our team.
Be a part of one of Canada’s top construction companies, with successful growth each year. Our project experience is diverse and has established Buttcon as the construction partner of choice for our clients. To be a part of the Buttcon Team means you will have the opportunity to be innovative, entrepreneurial and instill safety and quality into everything you do. Buttcon is looking for individuals that have that entrepreneurial spirit, who are accountable, take responsibility and care about our company, our team, and our clients. Together we will help you by providing a challenging career in the construction industry.
We are currently looking for a highly skilled, caring, and safety focused individual for our Team with Construction Management and Design Build experience. Reporting to the Vice President of Pre-Construction & Estimating, the Senior Estimator will be responsible for calculating major construction cost estimates, and planning, developing, negotiating, and performing contract execution for a project. The Senior Estimator is responsible to lead the Estimating Team through the estimating process and tender closings.
Here’s What You’ll be Responsible for:
- Study plans and specifications clarifying location and document discrepancies
- Confirm if there is a site visit and arrange attendance.
- Organize plans and specifications for display, distribution posting on our website.
- Complete pre-bid form and set up summary sheet.
- Fill out bonding and insurance requests and submission.
- Prepare sub-trade request list for estimating assistant.
- Ask for owner / architects’ budget, and do budget estimate reference, based on S.F, or historical data to confirm prior to bid.
- Solicit bidders, prepare a sub-trade request list for distribution, and note special trades to be personally called.
- Listing of special materials and calling for prices.
- Deal with the RFI’s internally and from sub trades and log.
- Take off and extend all trades. This position requires a good understanding of division 2 (30) and division 3 scope of work and estimating. The ability to read and understand soils and designated substance reports are a must. The ability to conduct a cut and fill take off, excavation backfill, site servicing, and formwork and concrete quantities and pricing are a must.
- Ability to work on unit-rate tenders and ability to perform take off in direct relation to the units.
- Ability to attend site visits (personal vehicle is a must), take pictures, notes, and interacting with owner / consultant.
- Ability to recap, price, and extend quantity take off.
- The reading, understanding, and distribution off all addenda.
- Ability to build a preliminary tender schedule based on the major and long delivery dates and review with our construction department.
- Preparation of the closing sheet.
- Ability to identify risk, or opportunity avenues.
- Preparation of the tender form in advance.
- The preparing of comparison spread sheets for individual divisions of work for closing.
- The ability to close a division or more during a tender.
- The ability to perform Class D, C, B and A budgets and interact with clients.
Skills And Attributes
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to analyze and develop solutions to complex issues.
- Analytical and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Effective team leader.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize various tasks.
- The proven ability to effectively manage and inspire staff.
- Engineering degree or Construction Management degree, Technical College diploma, or equivalent combination of technical training and/ or related experience.
- Minimum of 10 years in the ICI construction industry or equivalent.
- Experience in Construction Management and Design Build projects is required
- Computer literate, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Proven ability to successfully manage a tender closing.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), industry practices, estimating/ budgeting, scheduling, and safety requirements.
- Gold Seal Certified is an asset.
- LEED Accredited is an asset.
- Procore and BIM software knowledge is an asset.
- The opportunity to work with a growing company that works on diverse projects while using advanced software technology
- Career development and training tailored to you
- A work environment that cares about their employees and is inclusive and welcoming to all
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- Competitive benefit plan