Buttcon is a 100% employee-owned Canadian General Contractor. As leaders in the construction industry, we take pride in every job we undertake and have a solid reputation for delivering quality services, focusing on ICI, multi-unit residential, mass timber, modular, and energy retrofit building solutions for clients.
Buttcon is looking for highly skilled client-focused individuals that will help us continue to grow even further. We embody our values in everything that we do. Safety. Accountability. Integrity. Quality. Entrepreneurial Spirit. People-Focused. These values speak to our desire to create a workplace where all people feel heard, empowered, and accepted. If you share the same values, and this opportunity sounds like a fit for you, we’d like to hear from you today.
Reporting to the Technical Proposal Specialist and Creative & Communications Specialist, our Calgary office is seeking a Proposal Coordinator that will work with a collaborative team in a deadline driven environment. As a Proposal Coordinator you will coordinate, create, and assist the team for Request for Qualifications (RFQs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), and other proposal submissions.
The job responsibilities below are not limited to having other tasks and duties assigned as required:
- Review and conduct an analysis of proposal and prequalification documents and requirements.
- Prepare and implement timelines and communication plans to meet critical milestones (prepare/update responsibility matrices as required).
- Participate in preparation of drafts and assembly of prequalification and proposal documents.
- Prepare proposal/ submission write-ups for meeting construction submission requirements (methodologies, risk management issues, work plans, project team, and resumes).
- Work with staff across the organization to produce proposals, presentations, and other marketing material as required in alignment with brand standards and deliverables of quality standards.
- Participate in coordination and meetings for team pursuits with external consultants and trade partners.
- Strategize on proposal content and work with identified proposal lead
- Assist in monitoring opportunity websites for documentation and addendums (i.e. Biddingo, Merx, Bids & Tenders, etc.).
- Order all required documentation needing in preparing submission responses.
- Create and maintain database of staff resumes/CV’s and project profiles.
- Assist with updating internal and external websites.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of all Buttcon annual events that include internal staff events and events that include external clients and partners.
- Input and provide updates to opportunity and marketing content on CRM database (Cosential/Unanet software).
- Obtain pertinent reference and project details from internal staff and external clients and consultants.
- Regular follow-ups with owners/consultants about the status of prequalifications and proposals for database tracking.
- Maintain and update tracking tools and spreadsheets (i.e. budgets, reference tracking, etc.).
- Ensure that Buttcon’s proposals and marketing materials are consistent and professional.
- Assist in preparation of marketing tools (i.e. brochures, etc.), social media and internal communications.
- Assist as required during tender closings.
- Perform additional administrative duties such as filing; order and tracking of office/marketing supply levels, arranging couriers, preparing documents, coordinating meetings and be part of coverage for main reception/switchboard coverage for breaks and holidays.
- Tasks assigned by the Technical Proposal Specialist and Creative and Communications Specialist as required.
Skills And Attributes
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong proofreading, editing and business software skills (style, format, grammar, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, Team player.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Has organization and time management skills, including and ability to manage and prioritize competing assignments
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a proposal coordinator or similar role.
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Fine Arts, or related field
- Knowledge and prior experience in a general contracting firm and/or proposal development process would be an asset.
- Fundamentals of visualization, layout, graphic design skills to facilitate appealing and effective communication.
- Working knowledge of CRM software is an asset.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Adobe Creative Suite (lnDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Interested candidates are to send their resumes directly to email@example.com with the subject line – Proposal Coordinator. Candidates must include salary expectations in their email. Provide a list of past projects completed with the project value and a brief description regarding the scope of work.While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. Buttcon is an equal opportunity employer that proudly recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Accommodations are available on request for applicants with disabilities taking part in the recruitment and selection process. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment purposes only and not for any other purpose.