Transforming visions into buildings.
Buttcon is proud to be a 100% employee-owned COR certified, leading Canadian General Contractor with projects from coast to coast. As a leader in the construction industry, we deliver quality services in ICI and multi-unit residential construction with a focus on off-site construction and sustainability. We utilize innovative technologies that ensure our projects are completed above expectations. As a company, we are committed to working safely and provide exceptional value in our progressive practices and processes. We believe that active listening, the power of a team, building for the long-term, taking action, and sharing success are the keys to a successful future.
We care about the work we do, the people we work with and making a difference through our work. We strive to provide opportunities for growth and development that empower our people. Our values of Safety, Accountability, Honesty and Integrity, Quality, Entrepreneurial Spirit, and being People-focused, are rooted in our culture and are essential in what we do. Our employees contribute to Buttcon’s success because of their knowledge and dedication to their passion.
If you share our passion for construction, we would like you to be part of our team.
Currently looking for Project Managers of all levels – junior, intermediate, and senior.
Be a part of one of Canada’s top construction companies, with successful growth each year. Our project experience is diverse and has established Buttcon as the construction partner of choice for our clients. To be a part of the Buttcon Team means you will have the opportunity to be innovative, entrepreneurial and instill safety and quality into everything you do. Buttcon is looking for individuals that have that entrepreneurial spirit, who are accountable, take responsibility and care about our company, our team, and our clients. Together we will help you by providing a challenging career in the construction industry.
We are currently looking for a highly skilled, caring, and safety focused individual for our Team. Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Project Manager will work directly with clients and various departments within the company to ensure a project is delivered on time and within budget. The Project Manager is responsible for leading project teams for one or more projects while managing all aspects of the project life cycle ensuring required performance deliverables of quality, cost, and schedules are achieved.
Come be a part of our growing team and experience the satisfaction of “Transforming Visions into Buildings”.
Here’s What You’ll be Responsible for:
- Responsible for all aspects of the project.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with owners, architects, consultants, trades & public, while promoting Buttcon’s services and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with Buttcon’s Health and Safety Program, provide key leadership, set examples, and ensure safety minutes are provided.
- Ensure compliance with Buttcon’s Policy & Procedures Manual.
- Supervise, mentor, coach, and train project personnel.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the terms of contract documents.
- Ensure that all permits, insurance, and bonding are in place.
- Assist in the tendering and award of trade contracts.
- Convene pre-construction meeting.
- Ensure material and subcontractor tenders are issued in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all subcontractors receive drawings and specifications.
- Manage the budget process.
- Participate in the design process when required.
- Manage the value engineering process when required.
- Prepare the baseline schedule; maintain and update it throughout the project.
- Track delays and apply for Extensions of Time and additional costs.
- Ensure letters of delay are issued when required.
- Manage the Change Order process.
- Manage cash allowances.
- Manage and resolve contractual and technical issues with consultants and trades.
- Prepare and present monthly Project Cost Reports
- Prepare a cash-flow and update it as required.
- Prepare monthly progress billings and monitor receipt of payment certificates.
- Review and authorize sub-trade and material payments and ensure accurate cost coding.
- Ensure that sub-trade/supplier’s accounts are reconciled.
- Process shop drawings/ samples.
- Ensures submittal log and RFI logs are prepared and implemented.
- Conduct regular site reviews and meetings; ensure that minutes are distributed accordingly.
- Deal with all day-to-day correspondence and ensure that the job site receives all correspondence in a timely manner.
- Apply for substantial performance and total completion.
- Ensure that deficiencies are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all final monies are received at the end of project.
- Act as a liaison between all Project Team members, both internal and external
- Assist in securing new work by participating in estimates, proposals, and presentations as requested.
Skills And Attributes
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Ability to successfully manage construction projects.
- Ability to resolve project disputes effectively in a timeline manner.
- Able to manage and inspire staff and to be an ambassador of the company.
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to diagnose, analyze and develop solutions to complex issues.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize various tasks with conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and timelines.
- Engineering degree (Civil/Construction/Architectural) or technical college diploma in Construction Management or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the ICI construction industry.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction, estimating, budgeting, scheduling, cost control, contract administration, technology, equipment, means and methods and general industry practices.
- Strong understanding and adherence to safety standards.
- Gold Seal Certified an asset.
- LEED Accredited an asset.
- Net Zero, WELL and Passive House an asset.
- Computer literate, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project
- Suretrak, Primavera P3 or P6 an asset
- Axis Accounting Software an asset
- Procore and BIM software knowledge an asset
- The opportunity to work with a growing company that works on diverse projects while using advanced software technology
- Career development and training tailored to you
- A work environment that cares about their employees and is inclusive and welcoming to all
- Competitive benefit plan