There’s a reason why Buttcon has employees that have been with us for over 20 years. As a member of our team, we provide you with opportunities to build a successful life-long career to in the construction industry.
With over 35 years of experience in the construction industry, Buttcon maintains a solid position as a reputable and well-respected general contracting and construction management firm specialising in medium size to larger scale diverse projects. We specialize in lump sum, construction management and design build delivery of ICI sector projects. Our team includes over 120 professionals and is 100% employee owned. With us, you are more than just an employee; you are part of the Buttcon family.
We strive to hire and retain professional, dedicated people who are committed to working together to achieve success on every project we undertake.
Our team is diverse and proudly consists of people with many different backgrounds and experiences. The diversity of our staff contributes to the many achievements we have had as a company and will continue to guide our successes well into the future. Together, we collaborate to get the job done.
At Buttcon, we continually invest in our best asset, our people, which is why we encourage the development of skilled workers and re-enforce continuing education and Gold Seal Certification.
In addition to supporting our employees, we also understand the importance of giving back to the communities where we live. Through our annual golf tournament and charitable donations, Buttcon has helped organizations including Habitat for Humanity, the Toronto Kiwanis Boys and Girls Club and the Philip Aziz Centre, Loblaw Children’s Charity to name a few.
We offer competitive wages and benefit packages commensurate with experience and education levels. There are opportunities for profit sharing and company shares to qualified employees, making for an attractive long-term career path. We are interested in you and your future!
If interested in a challenging career in the construction industry please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Project Coordination||Buttcon East Limited (Ottawa)||Project Coordinator||Jan 25/2019||Alex Fraser|
Project Coordinator responsibilities include working closely with our Project Manager to prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes and budgets for projects. You will perform various coordinating tasks, like schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation and handling financial queries. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent time management and communication skills, as you’ll collaborate with clients and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time and within scope
- Track and analyze projects’ performance, expenditures, procurement and report about any possible or current blockers, risks, overflows, deficits
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Work with resource management on resource planning, availability and allocation according to projects schedule
- Based on provided scope and requirements translate them into tasks, schedule and assign tasks
- Work with team on project work to keep project going according to schedule
- Communicate to the management changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs
- Track and analyze project performance, cost performance, schedule and report to the management on the changes project scope, project schedule, and project costs, being able to suggest the improvements to all the above
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Create, track and maintain comprehensive project documentation (i.e. Shop Drawings, SI, RFI, CCN/CO, LOI, Contracts, etc.)
- Track and maintain trade documentation for the duration of the project (i. Ministry of Labour Form 1000, WSIB, Safety Plans, Insurance etc.)
- Perform quality assurance
- Close-out project and documentation, pass project deliverables to operations
- Any other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in a construction-related field (i.e. CET) is considered an asset
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a construction setting would be considered an asset
- General knowledge of shop drawings, RFIs, changes, and site instructions as they relate to a project is a requirement
- Ability to analyze construction drawings and specifications
- Well-developed skills and experience with using Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving skills; advanced organizational, administrative and multi- tasking skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Bilingualism (English and French) is considered an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Application can be emailed directly to email@example.com