Buttcon is proud to be a 100% employee-owned COR certified, leading Canadian General Contractor with projects from coast to coast. As a leader in the construction industry, we deliver quality services in ICI and multi-unit residential construction with a focus on off-site construction and sustainability. We utilize innovative technologies that ensure our projects are completed above expectations. As a company, we are committed to working safely and provide exceptional value in our progressive practices and processes. We believe that active listening, the power of a team, building for the long-term, taking action, and sharing success are the keys to a successful future.
We care about the work we do, the people we work with and making a difference through our work. We strive to provide opportunities for growth and development that empower our people. Our values of Safety, Accountability, Honesty and Integrity, Quality, Entrepreneurial Spirit, and being People-focused, are rooted in our culture and are essential in what we do. Our employees contribute to Buttcon’s success because of their knowledge and dedication to their passion.
If you share our passion for construction, we would like you to be part of our team.
Be a part of one of Canada’s top construction companies, with successful growth each year. Our project experience is diverse and has established Buttcon as the construction partner of choice for our clients. To be a part of the Buttcon Team means you will have the opportunity to be innovative, entrepreneurial and instill safety and quality into everything you do. Buttcon is looking for individuals that have that entrepreneurial spirit, who are accountable, take responsibility and care about our company, our team, and our clients. Together we will help you by providing a challenging career in the construction industry.
We are currently looking for a highly skilled, caring, and safety focused individual for our Team. Reporting to the General Superintendent, the Foreman/Site Superintendent is responsible for the leading all daily field activities on construction site. Under this role, you will demonstrate leadership skills on the job site to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget.
Come be a part of our growing team and experience the satisfaction of “Transforming Visions into Buildings”.
Here’s What You’ll be Responsible for:
- Plan, schedule, organize, direct, and control construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications, and budget.
- Daily log completion
- Be responsible for on-site safety programs, WSIB poster, M.O.L. office phone number, and location of nearest hospital.
- Ensure site office is equipped with proper first aid and eye wash station.
- Set-up site and maintain it to promote clean, tidy, and a professional image of the company.
- Maintain site security at all times.
- Ensure construction satisfies all permit requirements.
- Advise the project team of any site conditions not previously identified.
- Arrange Municipal Inspectors for required inspections.
- Help prepare and maintain the project schedule.
- Review and coordinate delivery dates of critical materials.
- After the awarding of each subtrade, contact the site representative to plan and schedule the work.
- Review and be knowledgeable with all contract documents.
- Organize pre-construction meetings with each trade to ensure they have all contract documents and are familiar with all the requirements.
- Ensure all trades complete their scope of work to an acceptable standard.
- Prepare and file written records of all verbal communication and site occurrences.
- Be knowledgeable of all equipment and materials.
- Establish quantities, order materials, and reconcile with estimates.
- Completion of reports for concrete ordering and pouring.
- Manage and implement Change Orders.
- Initial review and provide feedback on shop drawings.
- Provide feedback on site issues to improve efficiency on future projects.
- Arrange for inspections and testing of various building elements.
- Manage site filing.
- Issuing fieldwork orders for work carried out for subtrades.
- Manage the cleanup of the site and ensure that costs are allocated to the responsible parties, staying within our budget.
- Responsible for site and community public relations.
- Responsible for all temporary protection during the construction process, satisfying occupancy requirements, correction of all deficiencies, and updating all as built-drawing on site on a regular basis.
- Cooperate with other sites to share resources to benefit the company’s interest.
Skills And Attributes
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to analyze and develop solutions to complex issues.
- Analytical and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Effective team leader.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize various tasks.
- The proven ability to effectively manage and inspire staff.
- Experience in a Site Superintendent or Foreman role
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the ICI construction industry.
- Familiarity with blueprints
- Experience in modular construction, prefabrication construction, or green construction is an asset.
- In-depth understanding, knowledge, and implementation of the Occupational Health and Safety Act as it relates to each project you are responsible for.
- Strong understanding and adherence to safety standards
- Gold Seal Certified an asset
- LEED Accredited an asset
- Computer literate, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of Suretrak, Primavera P3 or P6, Procore, BIM Software, or E-Builder Project Management Software is an asset
- Exposure to construction work site environment in all seasons
- The opportunity to work with a growing company that works on diverse projects while using advanced software technology
- Career development and training tailored to you
- A work environment that cares about their employees and is inclusive and welcoming to all
- Competitive benefit plan
Interested candidates are to send their resumes directly to email@example.com with the subject line – Site Supervisor/Foreman. Candidates must include salary expectations in their email.While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. Buttcon Limited is an equal opportunity employer that proudly recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Accommodations are available on request for applicants with disabilities taking part in the recruitment and selection process. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment purposes only and not for any other purpose.