Buttcon is proud to be a 100% employee-owned COR certified, leading Canadian General Contractor with projects from coast to coast. As a leader in the construction industry, we deliver quality services in ICI and multi-unit residential construction with a focus on off-site construction and sustainability. We utilize innovative technologies that ensure our projects are completed above expectations. As a company, we are committed to working safely and provide exceptional value in our progressive practices and processes. We believe that active listening, the power of a team, building for the long-term, taking action, and sharing success are the keys to a successful future.
We care about the work we do, the people we work with and making a difference through our work. We strive to provide opportunities for growth and development that empower our people. Our values of Safety, Accountability, Honesty and Integrity, Quality, Entrepreneurial Spirit, and being People-focused, are rooted in our culture and are essential in what we do. Our employees contribute to Buttcon’s success because of their knowledge and dedication to their passion.
If you share our passion for construction, we would like you to be part of our team.
Be a part of one of Canada’s top construction companies, with successful growth each year. Our project experience is diverse and has established Buttcon as the construction partner of choice for our clients. To be a part of the Buttcon Team means you will have the opportunity to be innovative, entrepreneurial and instill safety and quality into everything you do. Buttcon is looking for individuals that have that entrepreneurial spirit, who are accountable, take responsibility and care about our company, our team, and our clients. Together we will help you by providing a challenging career in the construction industry.
We are currently looking for a highly skilled, caring, and safety focused individual. Reporting to the Quality Control Manager, the Quality Control Coordinator is responsible for the development, revision, and implementation of documentation to ensure they are in accordance with Buttcon Limited policies and procedures.
Come be a part of our growing team and experience the satisfaction of “Transforming Visions into Buildings”.
Here’s What You’ll be Responsible for:
- Supports departments, trade partners, and suppliers with the application and implementation of continuous improvement processes and procedures
- Assist the Quality Control Manager in creating job specific Quality Control plans with the assistance of the project team
- Conduct reviews of job work and safety procedures
- Manage the quality assurance/ quality control function on-sit eon various project phases
- Verify contractor quality requirements are specified to vendors and contractor documentation submittals
- Review of project work and safety procedures
- Review of RFI’s and change orders related to quality control and as requested by the project team, to ensure industry standards are met
- Assist the Quality Manager and the project team in review of contract documents against codes and standards
- Assist in establishing and implementing Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for assessing the effectiveness of the Quality Management System
- Assist in performing all internal and external audits on behalf of Buttcon
- Look for ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency
- Ensure compliance with Buttcon’s Health and Safety Program, provide key leadership, set examples, ensure safety minutes are provided
- Ensure compliance to Buttcon’s Policy & Procedures Manual
Skills And Attributes
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Demonstrate teamwork and collaboration
- The proven ability to effectively manage processes
- Self starter with excellent attitude and initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Engineering degree (Civil/Construction/Architectural) or Technical College diploma in Construction Management or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), industry practices, estimating/budgeting, scheduling and safety requirements
- Experience as a Project Coordinator will be considered
- PMP Certification an asset
- Gold Seal Certified an asset
- LEED Accredited an asset
- Computer literate, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project
- Suretrak, Primavera P3 or P6
- Procore and BIM software knowledge an asset
- The opportunity to work with a growing company that works on diverse projects while using advanced software technology
- Career developmentand training tailored to you
- A work environment that cares about their employeesand is inclusive and welcoming to all
- Competitive benefit plan
- Hybrid Work Schedule
Interested candidates are to send their resumes directly to email@example.com with the subject line – Quality Control Coordinator. Candidates must include salary expectations in their email.While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. Buttcon Limited is an equal opportunity employer that proudly recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Accommodations are available on request for applicants with disabilities taking part in the recruitment and selection process. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment purposes only and not for any other purpose.