Transforming visions into buildings.
Buttcon is proud to be a 100% employee-owned COR certified, leading Canadian General Contractor with projects from coast to coast. As a leader in the construction industry, we deliver quality services in ICI and multi-unit residential construction with a focus on off-site construction and sustainability. We utilize innovative technologies that ensure our projects are completed above expectations. As a company, we are committed to working safely and provide exceptional value in our progressive practices and processes. We believe that active listening, the power of a team, building for the long-term, taking action, and sharing success are the keys to a successful future.
We care about the work we do, the people we work with and making a difference through our work. We strive to provide opportunities for growth and development that empower our people. Our values of Safety, Accountability, Honesty and Integrity, Quality, Entrepreneurial Spirit, and being People-focused, are rooted in our culture and are essential in what we do. Our employees contribute to Buttcon’s success because of their knowledge and dedication to their passion.
If you share our passion for construction, we would like you to be part of our team.
Be a part of one of Canada’s top construction companies, with successful growth each year. Our project experience is diverse and has established Buttcon as the construction partner of choice for our clients. To be a part of the Buttcon Team means you will have the opportunity to be innovative, entrepreneurial and instill safety and quality into everything you do. Buttcon is looking for individuals that have that entrepreneurial spirit, who are accountable, take responsibility and care about our company, our team, and our clients. Together we will help you by providing a challenging career in the construction industry.
We are currently looking for a highly skilled, caring, and safety focused individual for our Team. Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Proposal Manager plays a pivotal role in the project pursuits, serving as a strategic expert within Buttcon. This position requires a deep understanding of Proposal Management, coupled with extensive experience in the construction sector. The Proposal Manager collaborates closely with internal business groups to spearhead the development of compelling bids and proposals, contributing as a subject matter expert to enhance the business.
Come be a part of our growing team and experience the satisfaction of “Transforming Visions into Buildings”.
Here’s What You’ll be Responsible for: Leadership and Process Management:
- Lead and manage the end-to-end process for bids and proposals, collaborating closely with internal and external stakeholders to deliver winning submissions.
- Provide direction and leadership to the Proposal team, fostering efficiency and aligning efforts with Buttcon's vision, mission, and values.
- Understand client needs and craft concise and engaging proposals and requests for proposals (RFPs) that showcase Buttcon's approach to delivering superior construction services.
- Oversee the bid process, ensuring adherence to deadlines and overseeing the development of consistent proposal and presentation materials.
- Work with internal subject matter experts to obtain and edit content for high-quality bids.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the business and review bid sites for relevant RFPs.
- Respond to client and stakeholder queries throughout the bid lifecycle.
- Utilize CRM software for meticulous record-keeping and progress tracking.
- Establish, update, and manage a proposal library for easy access and reuse of information, resumes, and templates.
- Assist in managing Procurement Frameworks and review incoming Requests for Proposals.
- Analyze data, derive insights, and identify operational improvements.
- Implement recommendations and track success metrics.
- Create and maintain proposal development tools and templates across business lines.
- Support the client partnerships team with sales enablement activities.
- Directly manage, mentor, and develop a team of direct reports, fostering an empowered and effective team culture.
- Work on other projects and assist in corporate initiatives as needed.
Skills And Attributes
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to diagnose, analyze, and develop solutions to complex issues.
- Analytical and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize various tasks with conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and timelines.
- Excellent time management skills
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role within the Construction industry (Proposal Manager, Project Manager/Coordinator).
- Experience in developing, scheduling, and managing proposals in construction professional services is an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Project, PowerPoint, Excel), Adobe Acrobat/BlueBeam is required.
- Experience in Adobe InDesign and/or Illustrator is an asset.
- Strong business acumen and professional attitude.
- Understanding of CCDC Documents.
- The opportunity to work with a growing company that works on diverse projects while using advanced software technology
- Career development and training tailored to you
- A work environment that cares about their employees and is inclusive and welcoming to all
- Competitive benefit plan