Buttcon is proud to be a 100% employee-owned COR certified, leading Canadian General Contractor with projects from coast to coast. As a leader in the construction industry, we deliver quality services in ICI and multi-unit residential construction with a focus on off-site construction and sustainability. We utilize innovative technologies that ensure our projects are completed above expectations. As a company, we are committed to working safely and provide exceptional value in our progressive practices and processes. We believe that active listening, the power of a team, building for the long-term, taking action, and sharing success are the keys to a successful future.
We care about the work we do, the people we work with and making a difference through our work. We strive to provide opportunities for growth and development that empower our people. Our values of Safety, Accountability, Honesty and Integrity, Quality, Entrepreneurial Spirit, and being People-focused, are rooted in our culture and are essential in what we do. Our employees contribute to Buttcon’s success because of their knowledge and dedication to their passion.
If you share our passion for construction, we would like you to be part of our team.
Interested candidates can apply via "Apply Now" button or can send their resumes directly to email@example.com with the subject line – Project Manager - Concord. Candidates must include salary expectations in their email.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for leading project teams for one or more projects, while managing all aspects of the project life cycle ensuring required performance deliverables of quality, cost and schedules are achieved.
Currently looking for Project Managers of all levels – junior, intermediate, and senior.
The job responsibilities below are not limited to having other tasks and duties assigned as required:
- Responsible for all aspects of the project
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with owners, architects, consultants, trades & public, while promoting Buttcon’s services and ensuring client satisfaction
- Ensure compliance with Buttcon’s Health and Safety Program, provide key leadership, set examples, ensure safety minutes are provided
- Ensure compliance to Buttcon’s Policy & Procedures Manual
- Supervise, mentor, coach and train project personnel
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding with the terms of contract documents
- Ensure Notice of Project is issued
- Ensure that all permits, insurance and bonding are in place
- Assist in the tendering and award of trade contracts
- Convene pre-construction meeting
- Ensure material and subcontractor tenders are issued in a timely manner
- Ensure that all subcontractors receive drawings and specifications
- Manage the budget process
- Participate in the design process when required
- Manage the value engineering process when required
- Prepare the baseline schedule; maintain and update it throughout the project. Track delays and apply for Extensions of Time and additional costs. Ensure letter of delay are issued when required.
- Manage the Change Order process
- Manage cash allowances
- Manage and resolve contractual and technical issues with consultant’s and trades
- Prepare and present monthly Project Cost Reports
- Prepare a cash-flow and update it as required
- Prepare monthly progress billings and monitor receipt of payment certificates
- Review and authorize sub-trade and material payments and ensure accurate cost coding
- Ensure that sub-trade/supplier’s accounts are reconciled
- Process shop drawings/ samples
- Ensures submittal log and RFI logs are prepared and implemented
- Conduct regular site reviews and meetings; ensure that minutes are distributed accordingly
- Deal with all day to day correspondence and ensure that the job site receives all correspondence in a timely manner
- Apply for substantial performance and total completion
- Ensure that deficiencies are dealt with in a timely manner
- Ensure that all final monies are received at the end of project
- Act as a liaison between all Project Team members, both internal and external
- Assist in securing new work by participating in estimates, proposals and presentations as requested.
- Engineering degree (Civil/Construction/Architectural) or Technical College diploma in Construction Management or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience as a Project Manager in the ICI construction industry or equivalent in ICI construction. All experience levels considered based on the level of the position (junior, intermediate, senior.)
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), industry practices, estimating/budgeting, scheduling and safety requirements
- Gold Seal Certified an asset
- LEED Accredited an asset
- Computer literate, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project
- Suretrak, Primavera P3 or P6
- Axis Accounting Software an asset
- Procore and BIM software knowledge an asset