Buttcon is proud to be a 100% employee-owned COR certified, leading Canadian General Contractor with projects from coast to coast. As a leader in the construction industry, we deliver quality services in ICI and multi-unit residential construction with a focus on off-site construction and sustainability. We utilize innovative technologies that ensure our projects are completed above expectations. As a company, we are committed to working safely and provide exceptional value in our progressive practices and processes. We believe that active listening, the power of a team, building for the long-term, taking action, and sharing success are the keys to a successful future.
We care about the work we do, the people we work with and making a difference through our work. We strive to provide opportunities for growth and development that empower our people. Our values of Safety, Accountability, Honesty and Integrity, Quality, Entrepreneurial Spirit, and being People-focused, are rooted in our culture and are essential in what we do. Our employees contribute to Buttcon’s success because of their knowledge and dedication to their passion.
If you share our passion for construction, we would like you to be part of our team.
Be a part of one of Canada’s top construction companies, with successful growth each year. Our project experience is diverse and has established Buttcon as the construction partner of choice for our clients. To be a part of the Buttcon Team means you will have the opportunity to be innovative, entrepreneurial and instill safety and quality into everything you do. Buttcon is looking for individuals that have that entrepreneurial spirit, who are accountable, take responsibility and care about our company, our team, and our clients. Together we will help you by providing a challenging career in the construction industry.
We are currently looking for a highly skilled, caring, and safety focused individual for our Woodbridge Office Team. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Project Accountant will be responsible for performing accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions. The Project Accountant will ensure that suppliers and subtrades are paid on time, will prepare monthly progress billings and will be responsible to respond to any internal and external inquiries.
Come be a part of our growing team and experience the satisfaction of “Transforming Visions into Buildings”.
Here’s What You’ll be Responsible for:
- Receiving and verifying invoices for various projects.
- Verifying cost codes and classification of expenses.
- Precise filing of all reports and invoices.
- Provide Accounting Manager with a monthly list of outstanding invoices at the end of the month.
- Assist in preparing monthly cheque run.
- Prepare monthly Progress Billings for contracts and have the Progress Billings reviewed and approved prior to sending out.
- Prepare and submit proper documentation for payment certification and ensure all payment certifications are reviewed.
- Verify Certificates for payments received from Architects and ensure all payments are received.
- Advise managers and accounts payable once funds are received.
- Posting of accounts receivable and cash receipts.
- Ensure all trade orders are accounted for on final billing and match revised contract price on Certificate received from architects.
- File change orders and Progress Billings in job order.
- Advise Project Managers and Managers of any disputes.
- Provide support to the Administration Department to provide reception relief.
Skills And Attributes
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to analyze and develop solutions to complex issues.
- Analytical and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize various tasks.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience with A/P and A/R is required.
- Experience in the construction industry is an asset.
- Working toward CPA designation is considered an asset.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and lien rights.
- Computer literate, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- The opportunity to work with a growing company that works on diverse projects while using advanced software technology
- Career development and training tailored to you
- A work environment that cares about their employees and is inclusive and welcoming to all
- A hybrid work schedule
- Competitive benefit plan
Interested candidates are to send their resumes directly to email@example.com with the subject line – Project Accountant. Candidates must include salary expectations in their email.While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. Buttcon Limited is an equal opportunity employer that proudly recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Accommodations are available on request for applicants with disabilities taking part in the recruitment and selection process. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment purposes only and not for any other purpose.