Transforming visions into buildings.
Buttcon is proud to be a 100% employee-owned COR certified, leading Canadian General Contractor with projects from coast to coast. As a leader in the construction industry, we deliver quality services in ICI and multi-unit residential construction with a focus on off-site construction and sustainability. We utilize innovative technologies that ensure our projects are completed above expectations. As a company, we are committed to working safely and provide exceptional value in our progressive practices and processes. We believe that active listening, the power of a team, building for the long-term, taking action, and sharing success are the keys to a successful future.
We care about the work we do, the people we work with and making a difference through our work. We strive to provide opportunities for growth and development that empower our people. Our values of Safety, Accountability, Honesty and Integrity, Quality, Entrepreneurial Spirit, and being People-focused, are rooted in our culture and are essential in what we do. Our employees contribute to Buttcon’s success because of their knowledge and dedication to their passion.
If you share our passion for construction, we would like you to be part of our team.
Assistant Site Superintendent
Be a part of one of Canada’s top construction companies, with successful growth each year. Our project experience is diverse and has established Buttcon as the construction partner of choice for our clients. To be a part of the Buttcon Team means you will have the opportunity to be innovative, entrepreneurial and instill safety and quality into everything you do. Buttcon is looking for individuals that have that entrepreneurial spirit, who are accountable, take responsibility and care about our company, our team, and our clients. Together we will help you by providing a challenging career in the construction industry.
We are currently looking for a highly skilled, caring, and safety focused individual for our Ottawa office. Reporting to the General Superintendent, the Assistant Site Superintendent demonstrates leadership skills on the job site to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget. The Assistant Site Superintendent is responsible for assisting in the daily field activities on construction site. Under this role, the individual will work closely with Site Superintendents to prepare and execute the project plans.
Come be a part of our growing team and experience the satisfaction of “Transforming Visions into Buildings”.
Here’s What You’ll be Responsible for:
- Assist in the planning, scheduling, organizing, and control of construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications, and budget.
- Be responsible for on site safety programs, WSIB poster, M.O.L. office phone number, and location of nearest hospital.
- Ensure site office is equipped with proper first aid and eye wash station.
- Set-up site and maintain it to promote clean, tidy, and a professional image of the company.
- Assist in the mobilization of the site, hoarding/ fencing, set-up trailers, washrooms, safety facilities, telephone, hydro, water, and stake out underground services.
- Maintain site security at all times.
- Arrange for Ontario Land Surveyor to lay out the building and site.
- Help prepare and maintain the project schedule.
- Review and coordinate delivery dates of critical materials.
- After the awarding of each subtrade, assist the Site Superintendent by contacting the site representative to plan and schedule the work.
- Review and be knowledgeable with all contract documents.
- Organize pre-construction meetings with each trade to ensure they have all contract documents and are familiar with all the requirements
- Ensure all trades complete their scope of work to an acceptable standard.
- Conduct safety and coordination meetings, and prepare and distribute the meeting minutes.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of job reports.
- Prepare and file written records of all verbal communication and site occurrences.
- Assist with the preparation of accident reports and submit them to head office immediately upon occurrence.
- Be knowledgeable of all equipment and materials.
- Establish quantities, order materials, and reconcile with estimates.
- Completion of reports for concrete ordering and pouring.
- Provide feedback on site issues to improve efficiency on future projects.
- Assist in organizing inspections and testing of various building elements.
- Assist in the management of site filing.
- Issuing fieldwork orders for work carried out for subtrades.
- Assist with the management of the clean up of the site and ensure that costs are allocated to the responsible parties, staying within our budget.
- Cooperate with other sites to share resources to benefit the company’s interest.
Skills And Attributes
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to diagnose, analyze, and develop solutions to complex issues.
- Analytical and strong problem-solving ability
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Effective team leader.
- The proven ability to effectively manage and inspire staff.
- Engineering degree (Civil/Construction/Architectural) or technical college diploma in Construction Management or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the ICI construction industry.
- Experience in modular construction, prefabrication construction, or green construction is an asset.
- In-depth understanding, knowledge, and implementation of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act as it relates to each project you are responsible for.
- Strong understanding and adherence to safety standards
- Gold Seal Certified an asset
- LEED Accredited an asset
- Computer literate, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project
- Suretrak, Primavera P3 or P6
- Procore and BIM software knowledge an asset
- The opportunity to work with a growing company that works on diverse projects while using advanced software technology
- Career development and training tailored to you
- A work environment that cares about their employees and is inclusive and welcoming to all
- Competitive benefit plan